17/6/2013 9:45 am  #1

Greetings From Down Under!

I recently stumbled across this forum via a link on Lachlan McLean's 'Bing Sings' site.

I've been a fan of Bing since the late 1970s (when I was about 10) and although I listen to a lot of other artists (both current and older), there'll always be a special place for Bing (maybe it's because we share a birthday!).

I've been a member of the ICC for about 20 years and if I had to pick a favorite era of Bing's music, films, etc., it would be from the late 30s to the mid-50s.

Thanks for creating and maintaining this forum Richard - I look forward to  checking out the posts of others and adding my own responses from time to time.

17/6/2013 1:00 pm  #2

Re: Greetings From Down Under!

Welcome aboard Neil! I'll be 49 the end of the month and loved Bing ever since I saw Going My Way and The Bells of St. Mary's on TV when I was small. How are things Down Under? Love Men at Work!

Peace and Love! 

17/6/2013 1:22 pm  #3

Thanks for the welcome!

I think that Going My Way may have been the first Bing movie I ever saw and it's been a firm favorite ever since (along with High Society, Riding High, Rhythm On The River, High Time, and a few others). 

Things Down Under are good. How is life Stateside? My wife and I have been to the US four times - hopefully we'll get back there again in the next few years.

05/7/2013 2:05 pm  #4

Welcome aboard, Neil! Do start new threads about Crosby films etc. you are interested in.

Board footera