09/10/2012 7:42 pm  #1

New Bing Crosby Music Poll

I hope there is enough interest in my poll to get some good results, but I wanted to see what was everyone's favorite Bing album of his post 1974 career.

You can find the poll here:
http://bingfan03.blogspot.com/

09/10/2012 9:52 pm  #2

Re: New Bing Crosby Music Poll

Well sir, consider your efforts a success no matter the number of votes. I am a huge fan of Latter Day Bing and have (or so I thought) all of his 70's LP's. In my ignorance, I've never seen or heard of "Beautiful Memories"!!!! It must really be obscure because I've never seen a copy of it here in Los Angeles and just now checking on ebay it appears to be available mostly in the U.K.

Consider this a timely blessing with the 35th anniversary coming up. Many thanks.

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

10/10/2012 1:41 am  #3

I never have seen or had the Beautiful Memories LP - I just have the tracks on the great three CD set "The United Artists" sessions - it is one of my favorite CDs. I like the later Bing too - he was in such good voice.

I'll have more on Bing in the next week to commemorate the 35th anniversary of his sad passing.

10/10/2012 10:09 am  #4

paulmock wrote:

- - - I am a huge fan of Latter Day Bing - - - - - In my ignorance, I've never seen or heard of "Beautiful Memories"!!!! It must really be obscure because I've never seen a copy of it here in Los Angeles and just now checking on ebay it appears to be available mostly in the U.K.

One of the great series produced by Ken Barnes.
The tracks were recorded on October 19th and 29 1976, with the title track itself on 5th November and incorporating ''Yours Sincerely'' from 26th February 1975 and ''The Only Way To Go'' and ''Children'' from 19th January 1976.

As David Lobosco states, all the  tracks have been issued on the three CD set ''The Complete United Artists Sessions''
and some have popped up elsewhere.

All part of that fantastic period of Bing's final flowering and now 36 years ago which to me seems unbelievable.

And it is just 35 years ago that I saw Bing in the flesh for the first and last time from perhaps 40 feet away, at one of the last Palladium concerts. Beautiful Memories indeed.

1. Beautiful Memories
2. A Little Love And Understanding
3. My Resistance Is Low
4. Children
5. Deja Vu
6. When A Child Is Born
7. The More I See You
8. What I Did For Love
9. Yours Sincerely
10. We've Only Just Begun
11. The Woman On Your Arm
12. The Only Way To Go

10/10/2012 8:56 pm  #5

thank you, sir!

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

13/10/2012 3:11 am  #6

By the way, I must be honest here. Off the cuff when I read of this poll I voted for "Seasons" for sentimental reasons that I'm sure you can all understand. It is a brilliant album. However, as I spend the weekend playing nothing but Bing in his honor, I must change my vote for what is truly my favorite Bing LP of the Latter Days "Fells Good, Feels Right". It is such a great sounding LP and a fine blend of old chestnuts and newer tunes that I had to vote for it. Plus, his voice is so damn good on it...smooth and rich and lush. I trust you'll understand and accept my change of vote in your poll. My copy is a tad blemished, so I am going after a sealed London copy currently on ebay. Wish me luck!

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

24/3/2013 8:49 pm  #7

Richard Baker wrote:

paulmock wrote:

- - - I am a huge fan of Latter Day Bing - - - - - In my ignorance, I've never seen or heard of "Beautiful Memories"!!!! It must really be obscure because I've never seen a copy of it here in Los Angeles and just now checking on ebay it appears to be available mostly in the U.K.

One of the great series produced by Ken Barnes.
The tracks were recorded on October 19th and 29 1976, with the title track itself on 5th November and incorporating ''Yours Sincerely'' from 26th February 1975 and ''The Only Way To Go'' and ''Children'' from 19th January 1976.

As David Lobosco states, all the tracks have been issued on the three CD set ''The Complete United Artists Sessions''
and some have popped up elsewhere.

All part of that fantastic period of Bing's final flowering and now 36 years ago which to me seems unbelievable.

And it is just 35 years ago that I saw Bing in the flesh for the first and last time from perhaps 40 feet away, at one of the last Palladium concerts. Beautiful Memories indeed.

1. Beautiful Memories
2. A Little Love And Understanding
3. My Resistance Is Low
4. Children
5. Deja Vu
6. When A Child Is Born
7. The More I See You
8. What I Did For Love
9. Yours Sincerely
10. We've Only Just Begun
11. The Woman On Your Arm
12. The Only Way To Go

Well, well, well...I sure must be livin' right!  At Amoeba Music in Hollywood this morning just WAITING FOR ME was a pristine copy of this beautiful record for the incredible price of $1.99!!!! I brought it home and immediately played it. Needless to say, I am thrilled with this very special addition to my Bing LP collection.

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

Board footera