03/12/2012 3:45 pm  #1

White Christmas Poll

Following up on the Holiday Inn music poll, here is a poll for your favorite songs from White Christmas...check it out:

http://bingfan03.blogspot.com/

04/12/2012 11:27 pm  #2

Re: White Christmas Poll

Talking of 'Holiday Inn', it is being shown at the Fox Theatre, Centralia, Washington on Friday night.
The Fox is on a long road of being restored. Don't know which version of 'Inn' they'll be showing (B & W or colourised)

09/12/2012 11:07 pm  #3

In Saturday's 'The Chronicle", Centralia, Wa., they asked 4 people about favourite movies at Christmas. One woman answered
'White Christmas' because of the songs.

25/2/2014 11:38 pm  #4

In the early hours this morning a thought hit me - was Bob Hope considered for the Danny Kaye role? I suppose Hope could have played that part or did Bing and co thought they should be remembered for the 'Road' and the odd cameo.
Bing had more cameo appearances in Hope films than did Hope in Bing's films.
If they did team up the film could have been called The Road to a Post WWII White Christmas.

17/5/2014 3:49 am  #5

That Would've Been A Very Interestin Movie, And Very HalariousThey Were So Funny Together, And They'd Ad Lib So Much The Director Couldn't Keep Up. I LoveD Their Banter!Loved Those Road Movies.

You Know I ThinkFred Astaire Was Considered For The Role Of Phil Davis But Turned It Down Because Of A Prior Commitment.I Could Be Wrong.

17/5/2014 6:36 am  #6

windyd wrote:

You Know I ThinkFred Astaire Was Considered For The Role Of Phil Davis But Turned It Down Because Of A Prior Commitment.I Could Be Wrong.

No, windyd, you are right. And after Fred became "unavailable", Donald O'Connor was supposed to take over, so Danny Kaye was actually the third choice. Though the film was good, it is interesting to speculate what it would have been like with either of the other possibles. 

17/5/2014 10:34 am  #7

Ron Field wrote:

- was Bob Hope considered for the Danny Kaye role? I suppose Hope could have played that part or did Bing and co thought they should be remembered for the 'Road' and the odd cameo.
Bing had more cameo appearances in Hope films than did Hope in Bing's films.
If they did team up the film could have been called The Road to a Post WWII White Christmas.

Ron, I have do not remember seeing any reference to such a possibility - and I think you put your finger on the likely reason - Bing and Bob together were so indelibly associated with the road films that it would have been unlikely to work. Personally I categorise Bing's films into a series of categories and "White Christmas", to my mind at least, forms part of a natural group with "Holiday Inn" and "Blue Skies". It is not "Bing and Bob" material but it certainly is "Bing and Fred". And it would have been interesting to see what Fred would have made of it. Donald O'Connor was much younger. Would he have fitted?  

Board footera