18/11/2012 7:57 am  #1

18/11/2012 6:51 pm  #2

Re: ‘White Christmas’ Tops List

I have 'Tune-In' on my iPod so will have to find this particular station.
I try and listen to the ABC Australia for the news at 7.45am, Australian Eastern Daylight Time (12.45pm the day before in the Pacific Northwest) and ABC Classic as I used to listen to them BIA.
And as favourite stations I have the ABC, BBC (Reading and Cumbria) and jazz stations in the U.S., Canada, Switzerland.

19/11/2012 3:23 pm  #3

Almost unbelievable. Or really unbelievable. 70 years. 13 US Presidents and 13 UK Prime Ministers. (But two British Sovereigns).

And old White Christmas just keeps rolling along. Sorry. Nearly made a new song there. I'd be hard put to name any song so closely identified with a single performer that has stayed so resolutely in demand for even half the time - or a third.

20/11/2012 4:59 pm  #4

Since I am unable to stream anything with my slow internet connection, I am grateful to Malcolm for posting this news which I might have been oblivious to otherwise.  I don't think I have heard or seen as much Bing-ness at Christmastime the last few years, but that might be partly because I'm not plugged into all that streaming! It is certainly good to know that Bing and his holiday-related hits are still on top.

22/11/2012 8:03 pm  #5

Letters concerning 'White Christmas' and 'Little Drummer Boy'.
If you go to: www.smh.com.au and scroll down to the heading 'letters', you will come to page listing the days of 'Letters to The Editor'. Go to 22nd. November and the last letter Bing gets a mention about 'White Christmas' (which the bloke doesn't like).
Then go the 'Letters' for 23rd. November and the 2nd. last letter is a nice comment about 'Little Drummer Boy'.
Nice to see that Bing still rates a mention.
Re 'White Christmas' - the station manager, at the time at 2VOX/FM, community radio in Wollongong, didn't like the song as it was on that day he had learnt that his brother had been killed in the war.

11/12/2012 6:33 pm  #6

Sunday's 'Globe and Mail' from Toronto, Canada had a heading - the top 7 Christmas songs. Well, number one was Bing with 'White Christmas' along with a nice photo. John Lennon and Nat King Cole popped up as well as some others and number 7 was 'Drummer Boy', Bing and David Bowie.
So, two of Bing in the top 7.

29/5/2018 11:26 pm  #7

Today is anniversary of Bing recording 'White Christmas'
Also birth dates of Bob Hope and my uncle Archie.

Board footera