04/1/2012 4:49 pm  #1

Rosie's Miguelito has new TV role

Fans of Bing-and-family's Palladium concert recording will recall the segment when Rosemary Clooney sings a duet with Bing and then stays on-stage for a couple of solo songs, while all the Crosbys get a break.  At one point she introduces her teenaged son, her "Miguelito," who is sitting in with the band on drums, at least for part of her performance. Better known today as the actor Miguel Ferrer, as most of you may know, he is still performing.  Last night he debuted in what has been described as a "recurring role" in the CBS network's "NCIS: Los Angeles."  He plays a rather sinister supervisory character sent from Washington, who revells in being at odds with the familiar crew of at the NCIS L.A. office.  "Just whose side is he on?" they all seem to be thinking.

Since I don't get any cable TV channels, I haven't seen Miguel Ferrer since he played the head coroner in the series "Crossing Jordan" some years back.  While he is less famous than his cousin George Clooney, Ferrer strikes me as an accomplished actor, very believable in his roles, and being not exactly a pretty boy sort, he can take on some rather gritty dramatic roles.

I wonder if he still plays drums?

Last edited by Steve Fay (04/1/2012 4:56 pm)

Board footera