07/11/2013 10:41 am  #1


BING magazine

The winter issue will be available at the end of November. See http://www.bingmagazine.co.uk/ and click on the Latest News link for further details.

 

07/11/2013 10:17 pm  #2


Re: BING magazine

Great news, Malcolm!  We also need to think about renewing our ICC memberships with the new year coming, too!

 

28/11/2013 4:22 pm  #3


Re: BING magazine

Looks like it will now be early December before you get your copy.

     Thread Starter
 

04/4/2014 5:08 pm  #4


Re: BING magazine

The spring edition of BING magazine is at the printers and will be distributed in the next week or so. See http://www.bingmagazine.co.uk/bingmagazine/BING166.htm

     Thread Starter
 

08/8/2014 3:55 pm  #5


Re: BING magazine

The summer issue of BING magazine is being distributed. See www.bingmagazine.co.uk/bingmagazine/BING167.htm for contents.

Last edited by Malcolm Macfarlane (08/8/2014 7:37 pm)

     Thread Starter
 

09/8/2014 11:09 am  #6


Re: BING magazine

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

The summer issue of BING magazine is being distributed. See www.bingmagazine.co.uk/bingmagazine/BING167.htm for contents.

- with some very interesting news of the discovery of some recordings of the earliest Kraft radio shows.


 

 

13/8/2014 12:53 am  #7


Re: BING magazine

Good, I need something to read near the pool. Great job on the last issue!


Peace and Love! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.gif
 

02/10/2014 2:39 pm  #8


Re: BING magazine

Richard Baker wrote:

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

The summer issue of BING magazine is being distributed. See www.bingmagazine.co.uk/bingmagazine/BING167.htm for contents.

- with some very interesting news of the discovery of some recordings of the earliest Kraft radio shows.


 

Agreed.  I finally got my issue in my hands and was able to sit down and read that fascinating story about the Kraft shows.  I hope that some time in the near future that the ICC will have some way for us to hear this amazing discovery!


Zane Johnson
 

02/10/2014 2:47 pm  #9


Re: BING magazine

Also, I question for Richard and/or Malcolm,

How does Wig and Jim Reilly's new/updated book, "The Definitive Bing Crosby Discography" compare to the discography Richard has painstakingly compiled online?  I know it solely focuses on the commercial recordings, but I was just curious.  Thank you!


Zane Johnson
 

02/10/2014 3:48 pm  #10


Re: BING magazine

Zane,  we are discussing with John  Newton the best way to get a CD issued of the newly discovered Kraft material. Hope to have some news soon.

     Thread Starter
 

03/10/2014 8:52 am  #11


Re: BING magazine

Zane, re the discography, Wig tells me that the format and purposes of the two discographies are entirely different,

Last edited by Malcolm Macfarlane (03/10/2014 8:53 am)

     Thread Starter
 

03/10/2014 10:35 am  #12


Re: BING magazine

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

Zane, re the discography, Wig tells me that the format and purposes of the two discographies are entirely different,

Zane,  I confirm that I see it that way too. We are not competing, and we do exchange information.



 

 

13/10/2014 9:18 pm  #13


Re: BING magazine

Thank you, Richard and Malcolm.  I ordered one from Wig late last week. I am anxious to see its contents.


Zane Johnson
 

31/10/2014 5:09 pm  #14


Re: BING magazine

Richard Baker wrote:

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

Zane, re the discography, Wig tells me that the format and purposes of the two discographies are entirely different,

Zane,  I confirm that I see it that way too. We are not competing, and we do exchange information.



 

How would you characterize this? Your online discography is of course very flexible, easy to update and incredibly detailed. I was considering ordering the print discography sometime in the near future - is that more of a handy physical reference to have nearby?

 

31/10/2014 7:57 pm  #15


Re: BING magazine

Azteca wrote:

How would you characterize this? Your online discography is of course very flexible, easy to update and incredibly detailed. I was considering ordering the print discography sometime in the near future - is that more of a handy physical reference to have nearby?

Unless "Wig" Wiggins is changing the format of his discography, I would regard it as a master listing of all studio recordings with a note of the catalogue number of the original issue, whether 78, LP or CD

My listing makes no attempt to cover issues in this way.

My approach was to attempt to list CDs on which the songs appear, primarily based on my own collection. 

I have only shown LPs in relation to radio and soundtrack material (because when I commenced it there had been very few CDs covering recordings of such origin). At present I list no 78s.

Both of us try to list all known recordings by recording date.

And yes, it is also very handy to have the printed version to hand.
 

 

31/10/2014 9:02 pm  #16


Re: BING magazine

Richard Baker wrote:

*snip*
 

Thank you for your response, Richard. I was a bit addled and didn't do my homework. Looking at your discography with a more careful eye I see this:

My intention is to list the recordings of Bing in a way that shows what songs are on which CDs (and for radio broadcasts only, LPs).

That is very valuable and as you said, fills a very different need than Wig's.
Now I know!

Last edited by Azteca (31/10/2014 9:03 pm)

 

02/11/2014 1:29 am  #17


Re: BING magazine

Does anyone know when Wigs is sending out the discography? I sent a check but wasn't sure when the book was coming out.

 

02/11/2014 6:51 am  #18


Re: BING magazine

It will be another month or two I think.

     Thread Starter
 

02/11/2014 6:36 pm  #19


Re: BING magazine

Lobosco wrote:

Does anyone know when Wigs is sending out the discography? I sent a check but wasn't sure when the book was coming out.

Slight delay because of need to include new information. Better be accurate and up to date even if short delay.

 

 

11/11/2014 4:15 pm  #20


Re: BING magazine

The winter issue of BING magazine wil be available at the end of November. See  http://www.bingmagazine.co.uk/bingmagazine/BING168.htm

Last edited by Malcolm Macfarlane (11/11/2014 4:17 pm)

     Thread Starter
 

24/11/2014 8:54 pm  #21


Re: BING magazine

Excellent news concerning the what's to be done with the unearthed Kraft Music Hall shows/JSP, Malcolm!


Zane Johnson
 

14/4/2015 11:15 pm  #22


Re: BING magazine

I just got my copy of the "BING" for Spring 2015 yesterday.  I mailed my check to Wig today for the "Kraft Music Hall" CD.  This is one CD I am very much looking forward to!


Zane Johnson
 

30/7/2015 6:33 am  #23


Re: BING magazine

The summer issue of BING magazine is at the printers. See http://bingmagazine.co.uk/bingmagazine/BING170.htm

     Thread Starter
 

31/7/2015 6:47 pm  #24


Re: BING magazine

"...we are giving some thought to a further release of rare items."

Please DO, Malcolm!


Zane Johnson
 

01/8/2015 7:00 am  #25


Re: BING magazine

zanereed wrote:

"...we are giving some thought to a further release of rare items."

Please DO, Malcolm!

Yes, bring them on. 


 

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

Spread the word about CROSBY FAN WORLD http://crosbyfanworld.boardhost.com