22/9/2013 4:02 pm  #1

Bing and Perry Cd's

I noticed a few Bing Crosby and Perry Como[together packs] CD's at some sites. Holiday ones and regular releases. Which are of good quality as far as sound and song choices?

Peace and Love! 

23/9/2013 6:55 am  #2

Re: Bing and Perry Cd's

48blonde wrote:

I noticed a few Bing Crosby and Perry Como[together packs] CD's at some sites. Holiday ones and regular releases. Which are of good quality as far as sound and song choices?

Carmela, 

I'm puzzled. Why particularly are you aiming for a CD with Bing and Perry both on it? 

Surely the best approach is to establish what titles you want and buy the CDs with those tracks. 

Personally I have not seen any CDs that combine the two with tracks that are not available elsewhere in better versions. They recycle the same hits.

Rarely did Bing and Perry actually appear together - each as a guest on the other's TV programme when the result was issued on an LP many years ago, in rather poor sound, though the shows are on YouTube "Bing Crosby And Perry Como Cut An Album" in two parts with rather better sound.

I am unaware of any other. The CDs you have found are almost certainly compilations of radio material and they are not likely to be "official". Those issuing them are possibly trading on a "Christmas" or holiday theme and believe that two great names will maximise sales.  This is arguably good for a purchaser who wants representation of these greats but not I suggest likely to satisfy those with a real interest in either of them.

23/9/2013 12:53 pm  #3

Re: Bing and Perry Cd's

Richard, I have Bing and Perry on TV, Radio and cd but I noticed some cd's that have Christmas songs of the both singers. I wanted to get one to play for someone who pushes Dean Martin on me all the time.

Peace and Love! 

Board footera