12/8/2013 4:39 pm  #1

The suppression of the Crosby Radio Shows

I see the Crosby estate is at it again. After closing down every site selling the radio shows on the net they have now removed every radio show from the Crosby web site.

The Crosby estate does not sell any radio shows.

Want to buy a radio show - Good Luck

And they wonder why there is piracy.

A disgusting state of affairs

Mike 

Last edited by mstevens90 (12/8/2013 4:48 pm)

13/8/2013 2:35 am  #2

Re: The suppression of the Crosby Radio Shows

Not sure what you are talking about - I can still find Bing Crosby radio shows free to download on the internet. Not sure what site got closed down. I know sadly Redmond Nostalgia is no more.

13/8/2013 6:23 pm  #3

2008 Redmond Nostalgia forced to stop selling The Crosby shows
2009 Radioarchive forced to stop selling its collection of the Chesterfeild Shows
2013 All audio dissappears from the Bing Crosby site
2013 June my mediafire account is closed down after 5 years after drm notice

August 2013 still do not where know you can buy the Crosby Radios shows on CD

Last edited by mstevens90 (13/8/2013 6:25 pm)

13/8/2013 11:59 pm  #4

Ebay.

Peace and Love! 

15/8/2013 12:43 pm  #5

The bulk of my radio material was sourced from Redmond before they ceased trading, but 48blonde (or may I call you "48"?) is right - there still seems to be quite a lot of stuff on e-bay. I've got 5 or 6 data discs which I've acquired over the years which have dozens and dozens of mp3 files of complete shows. Admittedly, the quality is - to say the least - very variable, but there are some gems in there.

I have absolutely no idea of the costs involved in making this material (or indeed anything else) available for download, but the fact that there are, apparently, sites still offering free downloads suggests that they might not be too great.

Richard has mentioned elsewhere (and I'm sure he's right) that the market for complete shows would be rather limited, but there is a market, and with the unrivalled resources at their disposal, it just might be something that BCE might consider at some point in the future.

After all, we are talking about one of the most important aspects of the career of probably the most influential entertainer of the 20th century.

Just a thought...

15/8/2013 6:24 pm  #6

I think it has to be accepted that there are matters of rights here, like it or not. 

The Crosby Estate has, over the last two or three years, made available a very large proportion of the songs recorded for the later ("short") radio shows, which consisted of compilations from a pre - recorded "library". The complete shows from tha era would not be of much lasting interest and would be highly repetitive. Quite a few are still available on the internet but as has been said, are of variable quality.

The earlier shows, (General Electric a little less so because of the lack of "name" guests, certainly in the later shows) are indeed very interesting and very desirable - but hardly a proposition for mass marketing on CD. 

The existence of some of them on the Crosby.com site was very welcome, and it is very sad that they have been removed. I very muvh hope that some alternative way might be found to satidfy the understandable wishes of enthusiasts to have them in good quality sound (and they certainly exist).

Digital files on CD/DVD "to order" or as downloads, possibly via the likes of iTunes or Amazon ought to be a real possibility, and I would think that such an approach ought not to interfer with the market for selections of the songs on CD.

Board footera