31/7/2013 6:38 am  #1

Going Hollywood on DVD!

31/7/2013 12:53 pm  #2

Re: Going Hollywood on DVD!

WOW! Great news! Malcolm If I can help anyone who wants it let me know. I live in the states. Carmela

Peace and Love! 

31/7/2013 1:42 pm  #3

Malcolm. Moviesunlimited.com ships to other countries. I buy from them all the time. Go to their site and click on policies and then click on foreign shipments[shipments or orders, I forgot]. Anyway, they tell you all forms of payment and about shipping.

Peace and Love! 

31/7/2013 3:55 pm  #4

It seems it is the same issue version - headed Archive WB Collection, but different pricing.  Makes no mention of the "Made To Order" note on the WB site.

Thank you, Carmela. 

The appropriate Movies Unlimited page listing the film is 
http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/product.asp?sku=D32560%20%20

31/7/2013 9:37 pm  #5

Greg Van Beek also tells me "the title should be available through Critics' Choice Video (www.ccvideo.com) shortly (certainly by mid August), and they do offer international shipping. CC video is the parent company to Collector's Choice Music, who originally released the BCE Crosby CD's a couple of years back. "

31/7/2013 10:47 pm  #6

Malcolm, Movies Unlimited mails the items faster. I buy off of them and Critics' Choice. I believe Movies Unlimited is involved with Turner Classic Videos.

Peace and Love! 

03/8/2013 9:37 pm  #7

I wish they would release a clorized version of this movie only because of the lavish sets and costumes. 

Peace and Love! 

06/8/2013 4:14 pm  #8

Going Hollwood is 80yrs. old this year. Maybe Bing Mags next issue[winter] could dedicate a few pages to this classic movie. Love the music, the film and Bing's voice!

Peace and Love! 

22/8/2013 5:58 am  #9

My "Going Hollywood" DVD arrived yesterday from Movies Unlimited. Excellent quality. I've suggested to Keith Parkinson that he should write about the film for the next issue of BING magazine.

Last edited by Malcolm Macfarlane (22/8/2013 6:01 am)

22/8/2013 6:19 am  #10

I'll add just a note to warn possible purchasers in the UK that a version is at present available from many of the usual outlets that originates from a Spanish source. This is not the same as the recent Warner Brothers Archive reissue. There are Spanish subtitles (though they can be switched off).  I cannot speak for the quality but it is certainly not the same. 

22/8/2013 1:54 pm  #11

Thanks Malcolm! My dvd arrived a few days ago. Mom and I bought snacks and watched it at night. I still enjoy watching this film not only because of Bing and his songs, I like the cast. Ned Sparks and Patsy Kelly are so funny. Marion Davies is beautiful and talented. I believe all three were from New York like me! Raoul Walsh too! Stuart Erwin is also good in the movie. I bet GVB loves all the old radios seen in the movie!

Peace and Love! 

22/8/2013 8:29 pm  #12

Did you know that the man who says "All aboard" is Aunt Jemima's brother. And later on in the movie Bing says to Marion," What you all doin' Aunt Jemima?"

Peace and Love! 

22/5/2018 11:59 pm  #13

Was on TCM today (Tuesday 22/5).
Also Bing appeared in a very brief appearance on an old Laughin on another channel.

Board footera