New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

Mesquite Local News
Click on link for full report accompanying the photos.

Offline
I had the pleasure of meeting Carolyn's mother, and Bing's sister, and her husband at the 1983 Tribute of The Bing Crosby Historical Society in Tacoma. I believe her husband said that he had been in Australia in the armed services in World War II. Gee, what a fine job Ken Twiss and Frank McMahon made of that event, so long ago that my memories of it are faint now. When I expressed interest in visiting Spokane Ken kindly contacted Fr Art Dussault, then Vice-President of Gonzaga U, who met me at the airport and was a gracious host to a young (well, almost young) bloke from Down Under. He had known Bing, of course, and showed me one of Bing's toupees and a couple of whisky decanters form Bing's Pro-Am golf tournaments. (They wer empty.)
Offline

Those are great photos!
Offline

Graham Pascoe wrote:
I had the pleasure of meeting Carolyn's mother, and Bing's sister, and her husband at the 1983 Tribute of The Bing Crosby Historical Society in Tacoma. I believe her husband said that he had been in Australia in the armed services in World War II. Gee, what a fine job Ken Twiss and Frank McMahon made of that event, so long ago that my memories of it are faint now. When I expressed interest in visiting Spokane Ken kindly contacted Fr Art Dussault, then Vice-President of Gonzaga U, who met me at the airport and was a gracious host to a young (well, almost young) bloke from Down Under. He had known Bing, of course, and showed me one of Bing's toupees and a couple of whisky decanters form Bing's Pro-Am golf tournaments. (They wer empty.)
Graham - those were the days! Ken Twiss was a great man and a great friend to Bing fans.