05/11/2012 3:05 am  #1

Digital Copy of Discography

My 4th posting today... hope you're not sick of me yet!

I am working on building my own Access database for cataloguing my Bing/Frank/Ella/Doris/Rosemary/Peggy/Dean/Nat/Mel collection.  I'm going to be using a lot of the information on the discography and the songography on the ICC's website.  Is either available in an .xls document (or other format)?  Would make my data entry easier if I could format the data to my liking.  If not, I totally understand.  Doesn't hurt to ask.
Thanks from rainy Vancouver,
Greg

05/11/2012 12:33 pm  #2

Re: Digital Copy of Discography

Greg wrote:

My 4th posting today... hope you're not sick of me yet!

I am working on building my own Access database for cataloguing my Bing/Frank/Ella/Doris/Rosemary/Peggy/Dean/Nat/Mel collection.  I'm going to be using a lot of the information on the discography and the songography on the ICC's website.  Is either available in an .xls document (or other format)?  Would make my data entry easier if I could format the data to my liking.  If not, I totally understand.  Doesn't hurt to ask.
Thanks from rainy Vancouver,
Greg

Greg I am writing to you off board about this and some of the implications, though I will say here that I can uptut the various reparts seen in the online version of my discography in something that approximates to ''Word'' but it does not look pretty.
Also I have had two requests over the past year or so for printed versions. Whilst I would like to help, this would be very large indeed. The amount of paper, printing time and mailing costs would be significant.

I would add that I am in the midst of a fairly comprehensive update, thanks to three very helpful listings of errors and additions received.

Board footera