26/8/2012 3:22 pm  #1

"On the Road with Bing & Bob" DVD re-issued.

Festival Films has re-released their original 1995 video "On the Road with Bing and Bob" on DVD with three new Bing Crosby/Bob Hope segments.  The new films are Bing and Bob on the 1955 Oscar telecast, an excerpt from "Honor Caddie" (1954) and the Bing-Frank Sinatra-Bob Hope scene from "The Edsel Show."  Details about all 9 films are at www.fesfilms.com/road.html

30/8/2012 11:51 am  #2

Re: "On the Road with Bing & Bob" DVD re-issued.

Glad to see this reissued! Can't wait to get my copy!

30/8/2012 1:49 pm  #3

Hi David,
Loyal Bing fans like you who bought our DVDs over the last ten years do have all of the films in this reissue.  We sold the 1955 Oscar telecast separately, and the 5 minute excerpt is Bing's entire appearance on the dais with Bob.  The excerpt from "Edsel Show" continues the "Road" theme of the DVD although it is not a public service short like most of the other films.  "Honor Caddie" is on "Golfing with Bing and Bob," much of which will be shortly reissued as "Golf Mania!" but without "Honor Caddie" since the quality is not that good.  "Honor Caddie" aside, the quality of the other films is very good!

31/8/2012 1:28 am  #4

I'm not sure I bought all of them - and I think the ones I do have are from video. Those were the days!

31/8/2012 1:41 am  #5

DVD is certainly the way to have them.  Email me at fesfilms@aol.com for a special price.

31/8/2012 1:36 pm  #6

Festival Films is one of the great companies for rare Bing Crosby and other rare videos in general. There aren't many companies left like them!

Board footera