12/11/2011 12:30 am  #1

Steven Lewis and The Bing Crosby Internet Museum

Most visitors to this site will remember Steven Lewis and his Bing Crosby Internet Museum and will no doubt have been saddened by it's loss. Some while back I contacted Steven to ask he woluld allow me to make use of his pages. His reply was totally clear but I think can be read to imply that he had no objection. Accordingly, recently I have been attempting to salvage some of them, succeeding with the recovery of much of the text. Many of the external links are dead, and the internal links are a complex thread which I have no hope of recreating precisely. Many of the graphics have been lost, but I have made some progress and have recovered a total of 186 pages. I have not attempted to recover any of the old Bulletin Board material and some of the items which I have recovered are of a transient nature (such as then current news items).

Almost all will need editing in order to eliminate dead links and add back missing graphics, but I intend leaving the text as it was for the time being but there are some comments (such as references to no CDs being available for some items) that I will in dure course adjust.  I have taken the opportunity to change the appearance (making the background plain and changing colours and fonts to fitthe style of my site)   The first few pages are now at Most visitors to this site will remember Steven Lewis and his Bing Crosby Internet Museum and will no doubt have been saddened by it's loss. Some while back I contacted Steven to ask he woluld allow me to make use of his pages. His reply was totally clear but I think can be read to imply that he had no objection. Accordingly, recently I have been attempting to salvage some of them, succeeding with the recovery of much of the text. Many of the external links are dead, and the internal links are a complex thread which I have no hope of recreating precisely. Many of the graphics have been lost, but I have made some progress and have recovered a total of 186 pages. I have not attempted to recover any of the old Bulletin Board material and some of the items which I have recovered are of a transient nature (such as then current news items).

Almost all will need editing in order to eliminate dead links and add back missing graphics, but I intend leaving the text as it was for the time being but there are some comments (such as references to no CDs being available for some items) that I will in due course adjust.  I have taken the opportunity to change the appearance (making the background plain and changing colours and fonts to fitthe style of my site)   The first few pages are now at https://sites.google.com/site/crosbyfanworld/home.
Select from the titles in the left hand panel.
The first batch relates to the records.
LOTS more to come

Last edited by Richard Baker (12/11/2011 12:31 am)

14/11/2011 3:49 am  #2

Re: Steven Lewis and The Bing Crosby Internet Museum

Richard, this is a very interesting development.  I just visited your pages.  It is especially good to see the section with Steven's reviews if the LPs.  I have a printout of these from the old site which I have used as a convenient guide, but I spilled coffee on it somewhere along the line.

I still have a link to the old BCIM website in my browser favorites, and click on it from time to time, in sacred remembrance.

Board footera