04/2/2017 2:50 am  #1

How do you know what lp or CD a particular Bing Song is on, anyway??

Last night I was thinking of the song, "It's The Talk of the Town" and was trying to think of the famous version of it.  I remembered it was the Glen Gray version, I have an album of it that I used to hear, but not in a while.  (I need to transfer that album to CD "one of these days").   At any rate that made me think of Bing's version of the song and what album it appeared on, or even what CD it has appeared on (other than the JONZO series).   I was wanting to play it and transfer it to my computer so to add it to the Media Player Bing songs that can pop up and play every once in a while and realized I have no idea WHERE the song is?  

How does one find a particular Bing recording such as one of these Decca records, how do you look up what album or CD it eventually showed up on?   Anyone know how to locate what album or CD a particular Bing song can be found?   Riddle me that.

04/2/2017 8:35 am  #2

Re: How do you know what lp or CD a particular Bing Song is on, anyway??

Apart from the Chronological Crosby on Jonzo it hasn't been on many CDs that I know of. 

The online discography now run by David Currington concentrates on CDs, but Discogs is a good resource for looking up earlier issues.

For "It's The Talk Of The Town", if you're thinking of LP albums, you might have "Old Masters"

04/2/2017 1:43 pm  #3

Re: How do you know what lp or CD a particular Bing Song is on, anyway??

Also see page 39 of The Definitive Bing Crosby Discography issued by Wig in 2014 for the CD issue.

Board footera