02/4/2016 8:16 pm  #1

And Here's Bing! Lionel Pairpoint book

I just purchased this on ebay and waiting for it to arrive. It cost me $60. I hope it is worth it. It is a signed copy- Lionel signed it. Is it a good book about Bing's  Radio Career?

Peace and Love! 

02/4/2016 10:14 pm  #2

Re: And Here's Bing! Lionel Pairpoint book

48blonde wrote:

I just purchased this on ebay and waiting for it to arrive. It cost me $60. I hope it is worth it. It is a signed copy- Lionel signed it. Is it a good book about Bing's  Radio Career?

Carmela, you have the printed version of Lionel's listing of radio shows. There are probably not too many around. 

It's very useful to have things in hard print, but you can also see an updated version on line at the Bing Magazine site 

Malcolm Macfarlane has been updating and correcting it as new information comes to hand.

The print version has not been available for some time.

You comment about worth, Who can put a value on information?

It will be nice to have, and I hope you find it useful and informative.

The title consists of the words used to introduce the radio shows for many years, normally of course spoken by Ken Carpenter.

03/4/2016 1:47 am  #3

Re: And Here's Bing! Lionel Pairpoint book

Richard, Even though the updated version is online, I like having a book. Old habit. I love books. I'm looking foward to reading this book. Anyway, after being on computer awhile my neck and eyes bother me. I don't have a printer either to print updated version. Thanks for info!

Peace and Love! 

Board footera