24/3/2016 7:35 pm  #1

BING CROSBY – HERE’S BING CROSBY – RADIO BROADCASTS 1938-1946

BING CROSBY – HERE’S BING CROSBY – RADIO BROADCASTS 1938-1946. 

This has to be good....and annotated by a certain Malcolm MacFarlane

This cd will be available May 20th 2016
TUNE IN TO BING
In an era of change and tension – America was emerging from the Depression just as war loomed - Bing’s was one of the few voices that gave reassurance and distraction.
Here, for the first time on CD, are rarelyheard transcripts from the broadcasts that provided such comfort. Evidence, too, of Bing’s relaxed mic technique and his deceptively easy way with all kinds of music.Track Listing:
1. Dont Sit Under the Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me)   2. I Can Dream Cant I?   3. Lovelight in the Starlight   4. Long Long Ago   5. If I Didnt Care   6. What Can I Say (After I Say Im Sorry)   7. Wishing (Will Make It So)   8. When You Were Sweet Sixteen   9. Sunday   10. Loves Old Sweet Song   11. Little Girl   12. Juanita   13. I Cant Love You Any More (Any More Than I Do)   14. When I Grow Too Old to Dream   15. Six Lessons from Madame La Zonga   16. Oh! Susannah   17. Oh! Look at Me Now: with Connee Boswell   18. In The Gloaming   19. Yours   20. Why Dont We Do This More Often?   21. I Remember You   22. Daybreak   23. Ive Got a Gal in Kalamazoo   24. My Devotion   25. Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition!   26. Taking a Chance on Love   27. A Lot in Common with You (with Marylin Maxwell)   28. How Many Hearts Have You Broken?   29. Tangerine   30. One More Dream   31. Oh! What It Seemed To Be   32. Ill Never Smile Again (and sign off) 

Is this the Kraft CD you mentioning recently Richard?

Last edited by Kevin (24/3/2016 7:36 pm)

25/3/2016 12:06 am  #2

Re: BING CROSBY – HERE’S BING CROSBY – RADIO BROADCASTS 1938-1946

Kevin wrote:

Is this the Kraft CD you mentioning recently Richard?

Yes. Highly recommended. ICC members should order via the slip enclosed with the current issue of "Bing" just about to be delivered.

25/3/2016 12:52 pm  #3

Kevin wrote:

BING CROSBY – HERE’S BING CROSBY – RADIO BROADCASTS 1938-1946. 

This has to be good....and annotated by a certain Malcolm MacFarlane

I think this could be the same Malcolm Macfarlane who has edited "Bing" these past several years, had his hand in several very important issues on CD, not to mention such publications as "Bing Crosby - Day By Day" as well as biographies of Perry Como and Rosemary Clooney.

To be strictly accurate, his role in the current issue goes beyond the notes. It was compiled by Malcolm, David Currington and Michael Crampton, all luminaries of ICC..

In other words it is an issue attributable to International Club Crosby. 

Members can demonstrate support by ordering the issue. I hope they will and they should not be disappointed.
The songs were all popular at the time that Bing performed them for broadcast, but despite that, Bing did not record them at the time for commercial release.

I have sometimes remarked that I often prefer broadcast performances to the studio recordings, because there is something extra imparted by the obvious spontaneity.

I therefore believe that these radio derived recordings lack nothing in entertainment value.  They are delightful.
The period covered is 1938 to 1946.

Connee Boswell, Marilyn Maxwell, The Paul Taylor Choristers, The Charioteers and The Music Maids join in and John Scott Trotter and his Orchestra accompany on all tracks.

26/3/2016 10:06 am  #4

Richard Baker wrote:

ICC members should order via the slip enclosed with the current issue of "Bing" just about to be delivered.

And of course, if you are not a member of ICC you should be able to obtain it through the usual channels. It's on JSP Records number JSP6705. Or join ICC 

31/3/2016 4:21 pm  #5

I joined ICC just a few weeks ago, Richard. I'm eagerly awaiting my issue of "Bing"!

Board footera